Hello Games continues to improve their space explorer No Man’s Sky with their latest 1.2 update, known as the Path Finder Update, going live today on the PlayStation 4 and PC. Here is a basic, yet long, list of things included in the Path Finder Update:
PlayStation 4 Pro Support & Visual Updates
* No Man’s Sky now has support for PS4 Pro 4K rendering, automatic depth buffer decompression, and delta color compression. Also a number of visual updates such as high and ultra resolution textures, high contrast lighting effects, and HDR mode for compatible monitors and TVs.
Online Base Sharing
* Bases can now be shared, for other players to discover and explore.
* A land-base vehicle allowing players to explore, as well as perform combat and mining from the comfort of a vehicle. The Exocraft is available in three types: the Nomad for speed and agility but lacking in cargo space, the Roamer which is all-rounded, and the Colossus with an abundance of cargo space. Also included in the Path Finder Update are Exocraft Races, allowing players to build and race on a circuit on their home planet.
Own Multiple Ships & Starship Specializations
* The huge hanger in your freighter can now be used to store a collection of purchased starships. Also new specializations and classes, such as for the ship’s specific use, and the ability to trade in your current ship for a discount on a new one.
New Shops and Traders
* New shops and traders are added to space stations and bases, as well as a new form of currency.
Base Building Variety
* Over 40 new base-building parts have been added, new materials, new furniture finishes, and new decals.
* New weapon modes have been added, as well as multi-tool specialization and classes, a Permadeath Mode for added challenge, a photo mode for taking pictures, a Discovery Menu to see places explored on the Galaxy Map, and more.
Trophy hunters and completionists should also note that the Path Finder Update also includes 5 new trophies:
Cradle (bronze) – Claim a Base or Buy a Freighter
Navigators (bronze) – Build an Exocraft
Reunion (bronze) – Visit another Player’s Base
Take a Deep Breath (bronze) – Reach the Center of the Galaxy in Survival Mode
To Live Forever (silver) – Reach the Center of the Galaxy in Permadeath Mode